Blog Articles

At Bouchard & Co, we would like to share with our Surrey’s and the rest of Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley communities some helpful tips and information regarding personal taxes, corporate taxes, financial planning, accounting, bookkeeping, and more. Go through our blog posts to know more.

  • federal
    Federal Economic Response Plan: Support for Businesses Announced March 18, 2020

    1) Tax Payment Extension: Businesses may defer income tax amounts that become owing after March 18, 2020, and before September 2020. This applies to taxes owing as well as installments. No interest or penalties will accumulate during this period.

    2) CRA Audit Activity: CRA will not initiate any GST or tax audits for the next four weeks.

    Read More
  • Longer-Term
    Federal Economic Response Plan: Longer-Term Income Support announced March 18, 2020

    1) Emergency Support Benefit which will amount to $5 billion to support workers not eligible for EI and are facing unemployment. Details will be forthcoming.

    2) Implementing changes to the EI Work Sharing Program. This will provide EI benefits to workers who agree to reduce their normal working hours and also extending this programs length to 76 weeks. They will also ease eligibility requirements and streamline the application process.

    Read More
  • Income tax
    Federal Economic Response Plan announced March 18, 2020: Temporary Income Support for Workers and Parents

    1) Deferral of the personal tax filing date to June 1, 2020. Tax returns should still be filed as soon as possible if you are eligible for a refund or you receive income tested benefits such as the Canada Child Benefit (CCB).

    2)Tax payment deferral to September 1, 2020 with no interest or penalties. If you do not have paid sick leave and are sick, quarantined or forced to stay home to care for children, the federal government is:

    Read More
  • Reporting Requirement
    U.S. Foreign Reporting Requirement for U.S. Persons Living in Canada

    If you are a U.S. person (U.S. citizen or green-card holder), you must file annual U.S. income tax returns regardless of where you live or how long you have been away from U.S. and you are taxed on your income from all sources, both within and outside of U.S. In addition to being subject to U.S. income tax on worldwide income, as U.S. person, you are also required to file various U.S. foreign information returns as discussed below. Non-compliance may result in penalties.

    Read More
  • dais
    U.S. Gambling Taxes Refund for Canadians

    If you are a Canadian resident who is not a U.S. citizen or green-card holder, you will be charged the U.S. 30% non-resident withholding tax when you have a gambling winning over USD 1,200 from eligible gaming in U.S. casinos.

    Read More
  • cupple
    U.S. Tax Implication for Canadian Snowbirds and Students in the U.S.

    A U.S. resident alien is taxed on worldwide income and is required to file U.S. tax return regardless of where he/she actually and permanently resides. This rule can apply to Canadian snowbirds who spend a considerable amount of time in the U.S. during winter and Canadian students who attend university in the U.S.

    Read More

Bouchard & Company Chartered Professional Accountants

Scottsdale Square Business Centre,

#250, 7164 - 120th Street

Surrey, BC V3W 3M8

Phone: 604-591-3193

Fax: 604-591-3154


Service Area

Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley


Monday - Friday 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM

After hours by appointment only

Saturday & Sunday
By appointment only

Statutory Holidays

Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Created by

Legal notice